Week 2 @ ONU


It's hard to believe that we've only been back for two weeks, it feels like it's been a lifetime. It finally snowed here in Ada on Saturday night, and it is so cold! I spent most of Sunday catching up on Netflix with one of my roommates and went to my boyfriend's house for dinner that night. They have a fireplace in their basement, and it was so cozy down there! Needless to say, I had a great snow day!

We had our first track meet on Friday! As per usual I pole vaulted, but I also ran the 60-meter dash this week. For pole vault, I tied my indoor personal best (3.35 meters or 10 feet 11.75 inches) and placed 3rd on attempts. I wasn't super happy with this jump, but we are still coming from a short approach and are on smaller poles. I need to keep reminding myself that higher jumps will come with time! And for the 60-meter dash... I surprised myself a little bit. I ran fast enough to make it to the finals! The last time I ran that race was in high school, and this week I beat my personal best by 0.37 seconds, which is a lot of time for such a short race. I hope that I can run more at meets, I really love racing!

I only have a few more courses left until I'm finished with all the classes I need to graduate so I was able to take fewer credit hours this semester. Even though I have one less class, I seem to have more assignments and have to prepare more for class than I used to. Adding track and working into the mix makes for an intimidating semester. 

What are some of your favorite ways to stay organized throughout the semester? I have tried so many ways to stay on top of my schedule and still haven't found one that I really love.



Comments

  1. I definitely feel like it has been a lifetime being back on campus too! Also, I was so excited when we got snow here in Ada but I don't know how I feel about the cold...brrrr. For the track meet, I enjoyed watching you run the 60 meter dash and amazed that you beat your personal best for it by 0.37! But some tips to stay organized that helps you can plan out your week. This is what helps me keep everything organized and let's me know if I have any free time during the week. Hope this helps!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10

Busy Weekend in Ada

Fall Break Update