Who am I?

Welcome to my first blog post ☺

My name is Anna, I'm a junior Marketing major and Social Media minor at Ohio Northern University. I am a pole vaulter for the Track & Field team here, and I'm also in a few campus organizations. I just recently picked up the Social Media minor, and that led me to take Principles of Social Media this semester. One of our big assignments in this class is to create and maintain a blog, so you can find me here about twice a week for the next few months posting about life at ONU and our textbook for this course. 

This is something totally new for me, and honestly a little bit outside of my comfort zone. I love when I get to be creative, but I generally have a hard time when there's no right or wrong answer to things. However, I think that the only good way to get better at something is to force yourself out of your comfort zone, try your best, and make a few mistakes along the way until you eventually figure things out. 

Anyways, a few things about me:

I grew up in Brookville, Indiana. It's kind of a small town, I graduated with around 200 people in my class. There were just enough that I knew the majority of people that walked across the stage, but so many that I never met the girl three people behind me in line on graduation day. Even though it drives me crazy sometimes, it's home.

Pole Vaulting is 1000% my favorite thing to do. It is the most frustrating yet rewarding sport in my book. It has taken me all across Indiana and Ohio, and all the way to North Carolina, Florida, and Michigan. I've been pole vaulting since 2015/2016, and it has brought me the greatest teammates, friends, and coaches I could ask for.

Finally, I have the cutest dog ever. Maggie is our pandemic puppy and even though she drives my family crazy most of the time she is one of the sweetest dogs I've ever known. She has a lot of energy, but her favorite thing to do is nap on the couch cuddling with my mom or me. She knows no stranger and wants to be friends with anyone who walks through our front door. 

Maggie
Me and Liv

 

I hope this gave you a little 

bit of an idea of who I am, 

here's to more blogging in the future!



Comments

  1. Hi Anna! I'm totally new to this whole blogging thing too so I can relate you about it being outside my comfort zone. I'm excited to see where it takes us all though! I love your first blog! I came from a smaller country school and graduated with around 200 kids in my high school class as well. I think it's really cool that you do pole vault, I could never haha. Watching you guys practice seems so hard to me, I better stick to just running distance. I'm excited to see how well you do at our upcoming meets and will definitely be cheering you on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anna! I'm glad to know more about you and where you came from. We share some of the same background. I also came from a smaller school and of course ran track! Even though I love running, it would be a major accomplishment for me to one day clear a height on the pit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10

Busy Weekend in Ada

Fall Break Update