Week 4 @ ONU

 This week/weekend was so busy again! I had another successful track meet, went snowmobiling for the first time, and cheered on some fellow polar bears at their basketball game. One thing is for sure, I am never bored at ONU - there is always something going on, especially on the weekends.

This weekend we went to Indiana Wesleyan University for our track meet. I had a pretty good day, I pole-vaulted over 11'6" again. I'm starting to become a little more consistent with my vaulting, which I think will be really beneficial as the season moves forward. I also beat my personal best again in the 60-meter dash from two weeks ago. My time tied with another girl on my team for the 8th and 9th spot, and at first, we were both going to be running in the finals. However, after checking the rulebook, the officials told our coaches that when there's a tie to get into finals with the 8th and 9th person, they are only supposed to run the top 7 girls. This was kind of disappointing because our coaches were really excited for both of us to get to run again. All in all, it was a pretty successful day, and I had a lot of fun cheering on my teammates before the long bus ride back home. 


I used the rest of my weekend to catch up on a few things. I love a good "Sunday Reset" before going back to classes and practices. I made breakfast, cleaned up some leftover dishes, cleaned my room and apartment, then took a break and watched a movie. I didn't have any homework that needed to be done so I just spent my day relaxing and catching up. That evening, I went to my boyfriend's house and while we were waiting for dinner his uncle and cousins went zipping by on their snowmobiles! I had just been telling them about how I've never gone snowmobiling, and when they came back around, we asked if we could go for a ride. Of course, he said we could, so we suited up and went for a ride! IT. WAS. AWESOME. As we were zipping around in the fields the sun was setting and it was so beautiful. I had so much fun, and I hope I can go again soon.


Last but not least, I went to a basketball game at ONU! I always love going to sporting events and cheering on my classmates. This time one of the girls on the track team was able to bring her Polar Paws dog with her. His name is Roosevelt, he is 6 months old and arguably the best puppy ever. You could tell he really wanted to go on the court and become Air Bud, but he knew he wasn't allowed so he hung out with us in the stands and ate lots of treats.


This weekend and week were a lot of fun - I wonder what next week will be like!

Comments

  1. This week sounds like so much fun! I have never been snowmobiling before, but I am sure that this weather was perfect for that! I would love to know more about how it felt to be flying through the snow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10

Busy Weekend in Ada

Fall Break Update