Another Weekend at ONU

Hey everyone, welcome back to my weekly recap of what I did this weekend! I do occasionally do interesting things during the week, but there is never enough to write about for an entire blog post. For example, today, Hailey and I went to Lima for lunch at Panera and a quick grocery run, and this evening I watched intramural basketball for a little bit before going to the library. 

However, this weekend still takes the cake. On Saturday, I worked for 12 hours taking and editing pictures for sports information. There were four athletic contests on campus that day, and I got to take pictures during all of them... in the snow. My workday started at 10 a.m. getting some quick edits done from the track media days, before getting started at basketball at 10:30. I stayed at the basketball game for one half before heading out into the first snow of the year to take pictures for the first soccer game of the day. Our men's soccer team played the first game of the first round of the NCAA tournament starting at 1 p.m. Again, I stayed there for the first half, then headed to the football game. You may be starting to see a trend because I stayed at the football game until, you guessed it, halftime. Then, I had to go to the second soccer game of the tournament, where I watched two random teams play. Let me just say that taking pictures is much more fun when you know the people on the field. Again, I stayed until about halftime, and then finally headed inside to start editing. At the end of the day, I had taken over 1,200 photos! If you know anything about sports photography, you know that you have to take about six shots to get one good picture, but it was snowing, so I had to take about 12 to get one good one.

My body was completely frozen by the time I was able to get back inside, but as soon as I started going through the photos, I knew that it was worth it. I was fighting with the camera all day trying to get it to focus on the people rather than the tiny snowflakes that were getting in the way. But looking through them, there were so many more good ones than I thought there would be! I hate being cold, but once I warmed back up, I was so glad I stood out there all day taking a million pictures. No sneak peeks are allowed, so you're going to have to check out my new photography page on Instagram or Facebook to see my favorites from this weekend! My Instagram is @annaschatzlephotography, and my Facebook page is Anna Schatzle Photography. 


Comments

  1. I know it was snowing but dang you take some good pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10

Busy Weekend in Ada

Fall Break Update